Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Worth, My Purpose, Myself



I wrote this specificly for two people, but like many of my poems that start out that way, it is about me too. I struggle with these questions, like so many people. I know I'm not alone. . . There just aren't as many people who admit to having questions like this. Somewhere along the way, the fear of letting others know what I am, faded a bit. It makes sharing things like this so much easier.

To God be the glory, completely and always.

My Worth, My Purpose, Myself

I've stood,
Questioning God
With the things that
Seem to be a continuing battle.
I've learned,
Some of what
The answers are
But I keep struggling with them.

God,
What am I worth?
Am I
Anything worth knowing?
Am I
Anything worth hearing?
Am I,
Anything worth loving?
Do I have worth?

God,
What is my purpose?
Do I
Have a calling?
Do I
Have a gift?
Do I
Have a reason to live?
Do I have purpose?
God,
Why am I different?
How come,
I don't think the same?
How come,
I don't act like that?
How come,
I don't follow them?
Do I have problems?


I know the answers
to these questions
But He patiently
Answers them again
Because I forget.

Dear child,
Your worth
is in Me.
Your purpose
Is to bring Me glory.
You are
Exactly as I planned.
And You may not see it,
But I'm
Watching each step you take.
So stop
Being hard on yourself
And start
Seeing yourself as
MINE.
Called,
Made,
Guided,
Purposed,
Loved,
Just the way you are.



~ZA



“The glory of the gospel is that when the Church is absolutely different from the world, she invariably attracts it. It is then that the world is made to listen to her message, though it may hate it at first. That is how revival comes. That must also be true of us as individuals. It should not be our ambition to be as much like everybody else as we can, though we happen to be Christian, but rather to be as different from everybody who is not a Christian as we can possibly be. Our ambition should be to be like Christ; the more like Him the better. And the more like Him we become, the more we shall be unlike everybody who is not a Christian.”


~ D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

Copyright © 2012 Ophelia M. Flowers

2 comments:

  1. *Gives Mike a cream-filled chocolate doughnut for being the first person to comment on my blog* ;) Thanks for posting the quote so I could put it here.

    ReplyDelete

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring