Thursday, May 8, 2014

Wounds



This post, "Outcasts" by Sorrowseyes and a talk with a friend were what brought me to write this poem. To tell you the truth, that blog post hurts... it's very... Real. Honest. Powerful. And in the end, it is summed up with important Truth.

          "And to my fellow outcasts, please come. My Abba is there, my Abba is here. I can only reflect Him, for He is too glorious for me to be but His humble servant. You precious soul, you jewel of the sea, and shining rainbow of the skies. Oh how you are loved. I will not say the things that will only hurt you more, for they have been spoken to me. But maybe you can find comfort in but a few words of mine: you are not alone. I am an outcast too. I hope that every day smiles with flowers for you, that the wind sings a joyful song for you, and that the trees dance before your very eyes. I know your agony is torturous, I know you wonder if you will ever be happy again, I know you wonder if you can stop crying. Oh, how I know your pain. My Abba never rejected me for the color of my eyes. Or the way I dressed, or how much I screamed in agony and asked Him why. He never rejected anyone because they had piercings, and tattoos, if they barely wore anything or if you could barely see their face. He does not refuse those who cannot walk, or speak, or see, or who cannot understand all of these things. He does not judge on how long or short your hair is, or if you wear make up or not, if you get up at noon and do exactly as you are told. If He does not, then neither can I, my friend. Neither, can I.
You are not alone. 
And if you are reading this and have this struggle... Know that I've prayed for you.
This post isn't an accident or a chance.
I'm here to remind you there is someone who cares -
More importantly, God cares. 
Don't give up hope.
<3



Wounds
4/27/14

Ah, friend,
You'd never know, looking at me
How broken I am.
I'm a sliver of glass
Shattered from a mirror.
I reflect what you expect me to be.
I smile now
But tonight I'll scream into my hands,
Silently begging
The pain to go away.
Silently pleading
With God
To ease my sorrow
Or take me Home.
Home with Him
Away from this pain.
Inward pain.
Outward pain.
The pain in my heart
And the pain I bring myself.
For now
I press it all down deep
And tell myself
Everything is really just...
Fine.
I'm fine.
Fine.
Fine.
Fine.
I'm really just fine.
But the darkness presses at my mind
And all my thoughts find focus
In a longing
To dull my pain.
I can dull the pain
With moment of causing more...

You smile at me
Never even guessing
How the wounds in my soul
Are leaking to stain my skin...
My broken skin...
You'd never guess
How often the longing overtakes me
And I'm left to deal with deadening ache
As I break myself
Again.
It started out small
But I found too late
That I'd fed a growing monster.
Now it claws my heart to shreds
As I do what I don't want,
Yet find myself needing to continue,
For fear of
The pressure constricting my mind.

Fear keeps me
From seeking you out
To help me.
Fear
And shame.
I hate myself.
Hate the things I do.
Hate what I see when I see myself...
Wondering for the thousandth time
How far would our friendship stand
If you knew.
Please, I need to know...
Would you love me still,
Even if you knew the truth?
That thought mocks me
A thousand different ways
As I hide.

I long for you to reach me,
Hold me close,
And stay
Even when I try to push you back
By telling you I'm fine.
If you could see
The truth
Would you stay with me?
I need you to know
I'm not okay
But that doesn't mean
I'm beyond hope.
My skin is broken -
So is my heart -
But I am still clinging to God
And begging Him to send me
Someone
To love me
Beyond my weakness.
Can I trust you?
Can I trust you to see
Behind the scars
And to my troubled heart?
If you saw my struggles
Would you...
Still see me?
Please
Don't leave me
Alone. 

~ZA


No comments:

Post a Comment

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring