Tuesday, May 20, 2014

To My Internet Friends


Well, I wrote this poem a few years ago, but I decided to share it here since it's fun to have a matching theme on both my blogs.

The theme being: 


 To My Holy Worlds Friends
 10/30/12

I never could have imagined
How much I could love you,
Friend.
I never would have thought
That a love like this could form,
Or that I would so fiercely defend you,
Pray for you,
Cry for you,
And rejoice with you.
I never could have imagined it.
Especially since. . .
This love formed without me ever seeing you face to face.

In the beginning
I never considered
How much you could make me hurt-
How often I would cry for you. . .
I never considered
How hard you could make me laugh-
How often I would gasp for breath at your words. . .
I never considered
How blessed you could make me feel-
How often I would close my eyes and praise God for your friendship. . .
I never thought through the implications
Of how knowing you would change me.

When I hear your happiness
I can't help but rejoice.
When you share a triumph
I'm ready to share it with the world.
You're my friend,
It doesn't really matter that you're thousands of miles away-
Except when I want to take you by the hands
And spin around with excitement.

When I hear your pain
My heart breaks in two.
When you ask me to listen
I cry to God to give me something to say.
You're my friend,
It doesn't really matter that you're thousands of miles way.
Except when I want to wrap my arms around you
And hug your hurts away.

There are ways I'll never be the same
Because you touched my life.
Thank you.
Thank you for
Trusting me with your heartaches and questions,
Blessing me with your contagious excitement,
Reminding me to trust in God's promises,
Being there to pray and listen,
And taking the time to be a true friend.

I never could have imagined
How much I could love you,
Friend. . .
And I think I'm only truly beginning to understand
What that kind of love means.

~ZA

No comments:

Post a Comment

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring