Friday, August 14, 2015

Will We Not Speak?



A poem inspired by:
Isaiah 5:20
20 Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,

who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter!


******
Woe to those who call abortion good
and a pro-life evil,
Who put brokenness as wholeness
and destruction as "choice",
Who put life to death
and call death, "your life."
What misery we invite when we trade God's Ways
for man's wisdom
Turning away from the cries of the helpless
so that we may call our deafness, "Progress."
Searing our conscious
until nothing of horror brings us pain
and we see those little hands
as something disposable.

Woe to the nation that does not cry out,
"We have shed innocent blood!
Have mercy on us!"
Instead, we flaunt our right to choose
and hide from the truth that our heart screams -
"This is a child's life."

Stand up, people of the LORD
for those whose blood cries out.
Stand up and bear witness,
Weep, for the LORD is near at hand saying,
"I will hear your cry and come to your aide.
I will not be silent, nor will I turn a blind eye.
For I created your inmost being, 
I knit you together in your mother's womb.
I call this nation to repentance - hear me, my Beloved."

His healing comes little Christian
will you be His mouth-piece?

*
~Ophelia - Marie Flowers


This is the truth of abortion - this is the horror of abortion - but thank God for His Healing, and His truth, and His forgiveness through it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring