Thursday, September 19, 2013

Laughing




Laughing
9/11/13
 
Shoulders shaking,
Head tilted back,
Laughing
Until I'm gasping
And my sides ache
From trying to be quieter -
That's the kind of laughing I like.

Contented feeling,
With a wide smile
Listening
As a friend laughs
At something I said,
And hearing their amusement -
That's the kind of laughing I like.

Crazy looks
Of silly faces
Shaking
As silent laughter builds
And nothing needs be said
To grow each other's laughs -
That's the kind of laughing I like. 

Stifled sound
Of amused giggles
Escaping
Late at night
When we should be in bed
But we're having way too much fun -
That's the kind of laughing I like.

Mutual enjoyment
Of a shared joke,
Snickering
At what no one else would get
And repeating the nonsense
Until both can't breathe -
That's the kind of laughing I like.

Being together
To laugh despite the day,
Understanding
How to make each other smile
And what we find funny
When we share stories -
That's the kind of laughing I like.

~ZA
 
 
Copyright © 2013 Ophelia M. Flowers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring