Thursday, May 23, 2013

Long The Path


 
             o.O Whoops, it's been awhile since I've posted here again. I have been writing though - and self publishing my second book of poetry, Zeal Aspiring , so I have been doing poetry stuff... ;)

             Here's a poem I wrote a few weeks ago while feeling lonely and missing some people. It helped me think.
 
 
 
 Long The Path 5/8/13
 
Long the path,
Short my life.
Joys and laughter -
Pain and strife.
 
Emotions are deep,
Pain deeper still.
Depth of writing
Beneath a quill.
 
Quiet are tears,
Sharper the cry.
Writing down questions,
I wonder why.
 
Dripped every page,
Tears down cheek.
Knowing my life,
Is much too weak.
 
Silence is vast,
Filling with tears.
Writing of many
Now wasted years.
 
Forgotten is joy,
Unsure where to go.
Bruised are hearts
In this frozen snow.
 
Darker the night,
Bigger the test.
Whispers in mourning,
Stealing my rest.
 
Twisted is hope,
Dangled ahead.
Not much left,
But fraying thread.
 
Life is long,
Sleep is grace.
Longing to run:
Finish the race.
 
Blessed are friends,
Showing His Word.
Reminded of God,
Heart is stirred.
 
Uncertain my steps,
Made every day.
Yet through darkness
My Father stays.
 
Promises held,
Giving of trust.
Believing in Heaven,
Though I am dust.
 
Sure the dawn,
Though hidden now.
Written on hearts,
Obediently bowed.


~ZA
 

Copyright © 2013 Ophelia M. Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring