Friday, October 26, 2012

Seeing Now


Three of my best friends as we played on the sand dunes.

 
            I've been thinking about growing up lately. . .
 
 
 Seeing Now 10/1/12
 
I never did appreciate what I had fully
Until it began to change.
I'd spend so much time thinking about coming events,
That I'd sometimes forget the good things I had
In that moment.
 
Those moments are slipping away
And I'm beginning to see how many I've wasted.
Just because I had them in my hands
Didn't mean they were less valuable
Than the ones just beyond my finger tips.
Oh, but it seemed that way at the time. . .
It's only now I see it.
 
At times all I want to do is wrestle time into submission
And never leave this point.
I know there's so much more to see-
That there's so much for God to use me for-
But in all truthfulness,
It hurts so much.
 
It hurts to leave now behind
Because I'm leaving parts of childhood-me lying there.
Now and then pieces come,
And I try to pretend that it can be as it was
But there is no going back.
Only forward into an unknown.
 
I can't change what is coming,
Or stop the time that slips away in dancing tendrils,
But I can treasure the moments I have left,
Such as they are.
It's not as if my story has ended;
I'm just walking up a different mountain,
Fording an unknown river,
Walking into a different chapter-
It's all part of growing up.
 
~ZA
 
Copyright © 2012 Ophelia M. Flowers
The quote on the picture is not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring