Friday, June 22, 2012

You Are There


 You Are There 2/22/12

Sometimes
I feel alone
While I'm surrounded.
Tired,
I sigh quietly,
But smile and nod
When asked if my day went well.
I don't say
How I am,
Instead I close my eyes,
And call to You.

You are everything
I need.
When I am faltering:
Too afraid or
Ashamed
To say how I am,
That is when I feel You
Closer than ever.
You remind me
Who I am
In You
Despite all my shortcomings
And brokenness.
Everything is under control
Even though I feel like
I'm falling.

Your love wraps me in comforting arms
And fills me up
With enough strength to make it.
I don't have enough strength to last
The month,
The week,
Or even the rest of the day,
But You give me enough
For now
In this moment
With You.

~ZA



Copyright © 2012 Ophelia M. Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring