Saturday, May 26, 2012

Dangerous Distraction


Dangerous Distraction 4/30/12

Slowly uncurling my fingers,
I reach for what You hold,
But something catches my eyes,
With colors flashing bold.

Quickly reacting in wonder,
I shove out my open hand,
And feel the world's light touches,
Like grainy drifting sand.

Easily forgetting Your teaching,
I play without a care,
But I do not see the monster,
With crafty lurking glare.

Suddenly glimpsing this danger,
I lunge for open free,
And fall deeper in the hurting,
That's deathly tearing me.

Bitterly defending my choices,
I sob with wrenching doubt,
And shake in my worries,
Life bloody leaking out.

Finally falling in sorrow,
I can no longer cope,
And plead that You will answer,
This only crying hope.

Mightily rescuing from danger,
You sweep me from that place,
And take me in Your arms
With fully forgiving grace.

~ZA
Copyright © 2012 Ophelia M. Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring