Friday, December 28, 2012

Alone Surrounded


 
 
Alone Surrounded 12/24/12

Do you see me?
I feel as if to you I am invisible,
Even though we stand in the same room.
For a moment would you look at me?
If only for an instant could you come close
And show interest?

You can be there,
Right beside me talking now
And yet, I feel so alone.
I'm surrounded on all sides.
You are in the room with me,
But somehow you are not
With me -
Not in the way I wish you were.

Just because you are near to me
Doesn't mean you haven't left me feeling alone.
For a moment could you take the time
And talk with me?
Not talk at me about inconsequential things,
But talk to me -
Talk to me about how life is going for both of us
Or what ways we have grown in Christ this year.
I wish you would.
You have left me feeling this strange kind of lonely
The kind of lonely that comes from feeling ignored
And at times blown off.
I don't begrudge you for it
I only wish the word “together”
Meant more than standing in the same room.


~ZA

Copyright © 2012 Ophelia M. Flowers

2 comments:

  1. *Hugs Za* I love it, dear. :) And if you want to talk to me, I'm always here. <3

    ~Milly

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Hugs back* Thank you, Milly. :) *Smiles at wonderful friend* I'm blessed to know I have you to talk to when I need to. <3 I was actually fine when writing that, just doing some thinking.

    ~ZA

    ReplyDelete

It always makes me smile to see that someone has been over to my little blog. Thanks for visiting! :D

~ZA
Zeal Aspiring